Eight signs that your summer job sucks:
8. You have to answer the phone all day with, “I’m sorry, Mr. Swallow is out at the moment—and he’s totally innocent.”
7. You have to answer the phone all day with, “I’m sorry, Mr. Shurtleff is out at the moment—and we have your number now, punk.”
6. Your supervisor keeps telling you to “make it go more viral.”
5. The phrase “swimsuit area” comes up way too often.
4. You were promoted from last year’s John Carter street team to this year’s Lone Ranger street team.
3. It involves “children” and “safety” and “being sober” and blah blah blah.
2. Your main directive is “Do not make direct eye contact with Mr. Frost.”
1. It’s the same job you have the rest of the year.