Eight landmark moments in the War on Christmas, 2011 edition:
8. The introduction of the .xxxmas Internet domain name.
7. The widespread adoption of terms like “holiday tree,” “holiday party” and “holiday pink slip.”
6. Any Black Friday video footage. Go ahead, YouTube it.
5. The White House-mandated lyric change in “The 12 Days of Christmas” from “A partridge in a pear tree” to “Obama’s birth certificate.”
4. A Very Harold & Kumar 3-D Christmas.
3. The best-selling tell-all memoir Path of Elf Destruction: Inside Santa’s Socialist Workshop.
2. The continued existence of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
1. City Weekly skipping Christmas this week and going straight to New Year’s Eve.