Eight reasons Rice-Eccles Stadium’s July 1 Freedom Blast Independence Day celebration'headlined by Sugarland and Bill Engvall'was cancelled due to low advance ticket sales:nn
8. It was headlined by Sugarland and Bill Engvall.nn
7. Again, headlined by Sugarland and Bill Engvall. Stadium or State Fair?
6. Word got out that the over-regulated fireworks display would just be a few dozen spinners and snakes purchased at Wal-Mart.nn
5. Like John Jacobs’ congressional run against Chris Cannon, it was foiled by Satan.nn
4. No American Idols or conservative talk-radio hosts were involved'promoters shouldn’t have passed on Kelly Pickler and Michael Savage.nn
3. Pioneer Day on July 24 is far more important to America. Just ask your bishop.nn
2. The irony of paying $25-$50 to celebrate “freedom” in a stadium where you can’t drink or smoke was just too much.nn
1. Independence Day is July 4. You can fool Provo with that Stadium of Fire, but not us!