Posted // 2011-04-01 -
If, like me, you enjoy the food at India Fusion restaurant and its sister restaurants Taste of India in Layton and West Jordan, you might want to take a swing at making one of their tasty dishes at home. Well, India Fusion sends out a recipe each week - free! You can sign up to receive the recipes and weekly newsletter at IndiaFusionRestaurant.com.
Meanwhile, here is a great recipe for a sweet and sour curry to get you started. Try it out this weekend!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pounds boneless raw shrimp
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high
heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the
turmeric, chili powder and salt. Add green peppers and fry gently,
scraping the bottom of the pan frequently.
- Pour in the tomatoes with their juice, cover the pan,
and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer for
another 10 minutes to let the excess liquid evaporate.
- Add the ghee, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and
cilantro, and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the with sauce
spooned over the top of rice or naan.