Dear GYA, Here at the Hogle Zoo we have lots of interesting animals to enjoy -- none of which have two heads. Yes, we are aware that the San Antonio Zoo has a two-headed turtle named Thelma and Louise and that's great; good for them. But for the love of god, stop calling here and asking if we'll be carrying any two-headed River Cooters. Anything happening today to distract these idiots from two-headed turtles? - Rachel Tharchery, Hogle Zoo, Turtle Specialist
Rachel, You have to understand that when it comes to nature, the two-headed turtle is the coolest thing ever, especially a two-headed River Cooter. Here's what's up this weekend. Let's start with Friday's events:
- Local band Spirit Master will be at The Barrel Room this evening. The show starts at 9. No Cover.
- CrucialFest hardcore bands He Whose Ox is Gored, Invdrs and Eons will be at The Shred Shed. Tickets are $25. Doors open at 4 p.m. Tickets are $10.
- Stand-up comedian Aries Spear will be at Wiseguys West Valley tonight at 7:30. Tickets are $20.
- The Garage will be hosting The Moths CD Release Party tonight at 8. Tickets are $5.
- Country singer Jamie O'Neal will be performing at the Ogden Amphitheater at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20.
- The Brian Jordan Band (formerly of Karl Denson's Tiny Universe) will be at The State Room at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10.
- The Home Grown Hip-Hop Championships are going down at The Complex, beginning at 7 p.m. Winners open for A$AP Rocky and Tyga at U92's Summer Jam. Admission is free.
- At the Derby Depot, the Black Diamond Divas are facing off with the Salt Flat Fallouts, starting at 7 p.m.
- DJ Street Jesus will be hosting Funk and Soul night at Bourbon House. Music starts at 9. No Cover.
- Duncan Phillip's Better Off With The Blues will be going down at The Garage on Beck. The show starts at 8 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.