Dear GYA, Finally, Instagram has video, which means not only can I take photos of the food I eat, but now I can document the entire process of enjoying the food. For example, you gotta select the appropriate filter, like Lo-fi, then shoot a bunch of angles of a stack of waffles. Next, star-wipe to me eating the waffles. Then, for the climax, a shot of me leaving the bathroom and washing my hands. This is what Instagram was always meant to be. Anything happening this weekend where I can Instagram the entire digestive process? - Fran Retarther, Sandy
Fran, Don't forget to shoot videos of you petting your cat and then washing your hands as you leave the bathroom. Here's what's up for this weekend. Let's start with Friday's events:
- At Spring Mobile Ballpark, the Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the River Cats tonight at 7.
- Savannah-based band Swamp Cabbage will be performing at The Garage on Beck tonight at 8.
- DJ and producer Wick It The Instigator will be onstage at Urban Lounge. TYR will warm things up. Tickets are $10. The show starts at 9 p.m.
- Brewvies will be hosting an '80s Sci-Fi Comedy Film Festival, starting at 10 p.m. Tickets are $10.
- Stand-up comedian Andrew Dice Clay will be performing at Wiseguys West Valley at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25.
- All-female Iron Maiden Tribute band The Iron Maidens will be onstage at Kamikazes at 8 p.m.
- The Home Grown Hip-hop Championship will be going down at The Complex tonight at 8. Admission is free.
- Indie band Me Without You will be at Urban Lounge. Rocky Votolato will open up. The show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15.
- Bourbon House will be hosting Funk and Soul Night with DJ Street Jesus, beginning at 9.
- City Weekly, True TV, Bohemian Brewery & Brewvies will be showing a free screening of AMC's Mad Men, live on the big screen! The show starts at 8 p.m.
- Indie band The Dig will be at Kilby Court this evening. Mermaid Baby is also on the bill. The show starts at 7.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.