Dear GYA, What is it about a meaty 6-inch Subway Sandwich that always seems to fill me up? Seriously, those sandwich artists know what they're doing. You'd think it wouldn't be as satisfying as a 12-inch sandwich, but I'm telling you --somehow, someway, that average-looking sub does the job every time. Anything as happening this weekend as exhilarating as a 6-inch hoagie? - L. Bone Arena, Lehi
L., As they say, "Never judge a book by it' cover." A well-balanced, well-constructed 6-inch sub can so do the job every time; you just have to know what to do with it. Here are some options for this weekend that are also surprisingly satisfying. Let's start with Friday's events:
- Electro-indie band The Egg & Sophie Barker will be at The Depot tonight. The show starts at 9. This show is free!
- At The Garage, Jesse Walker's Groove Garden After Dark will be going down at 9.
- The Urban Lounge will be hosting SLUG Localized, featuring local tunes from bands like The Hot Club Of Zion, The Ambassadors and Exponential Rabbit. The show starts at 10 p.m.
- The Utah Renaissance Festival and Fantasy Faire will be going on all day today at Millcreek Hallow in Ogden. Check-in with City Weekly's The Word for some free swag and to get your pic in the paper!
- For some great deals on plants, checkout the 2nd Annual Gardenfest at Grace Lutheran School today at 8 a.m.
- For some fresh veggies and handcrafted goods, head to the International Peace Gardens and take advantage of the People's Market, starting at 9 a.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, check out our event listings.