Dear GYA, Can you settle a bet for me? Tell me if I'm wrong, but that song by Sheryl Crow, "Every Day Is a Winding Road," I'm pretty sure the lyrics go: "Every day is a winding road, I get a little bit closer. Every day is infinity fine, I get a little bit closer to feeling fine." Am I right? Who wouldn't want to feel infinity fine? Speaking of that, is there anything happening this weekend that is infinity fine? - Bobby Indiot, Draper
Bobby, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're way off. The song actually goes: "Every day is a winding road, I get a little bit closer. Every day is a fantasy slide, I get a little bit closer to feeling fine." It's an easy mix-up. However, here are a few things happening this weekend that are definitely infinity fine. Let's start with Friday's events:
- Velour will be hosting Provo-based bands Parlor Hawk, The National Parks and The Mighty Sequoyah. The show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $8.
- SLUG Localized will be happening at Urban Lounge this evening; bands include Oxcross, Eons ad Yaktooth. Show starts at 10. Admission is free before 10:30, otherwise, tickets are $5.
- The Sheraton City Center will be the site of the 2nd Annual Charity Casino Night benefiting the Epilepsy and Brain Injury Alliances of Utah. The gamblin' starts at 6.
- Stand-up comedian Carlos Mencia will be performing at Wiseguys West Valley tonight at 7 and 9:30. Tickets are $25.
- At 9 a..m. at Liberty Park, check out the Dodgeball Dash 5k benefiting the Best Friends Animal Society.
- Local sludge metal band Eagle Twin will be at Urban Lounge this evening. Insight and Pleasure Thieves are on the bill, as well. The show starts at 9. Tickets are $12.
- In all things roller derby, the Black Diamond Divas will be taking on the Salt Flat Fallouts at the Derby Depot. The bout starts at 7 p.m.
- City Weekly's The Word will be at the final Winter Pop Up Farmers Market at the Salt Lake Hardware Building, starting at 10 a.m.
- Metal band Bullet For My Valentine will be onstage at The Great Saltair. Halestorm, Young Guns and Stars In Stereo provide support. Tickets are $27.50 in advance, $30 day of show. The doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- The Third Annual Slutwalk SLC will be starting up at the Salt Lake's City Hall at 1 p.m.
- At the Utah State Fairgrounds, check out the 2013 Pokeman Spring Regional Championship, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- City Weekly, True TV, Bohemian Brewery & Brewvies will be showing a free screening of Season 6 of AMC's Mad Men on the big screen. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- The Shred Shed will be hosting Sonic Angels and Teddy Bangs tonight at 8.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, check out our listings calendar.