Dear GYA, Ah, man, I can't wait to quit my job, ditch the kids and head over to Fashion Place Mall for the opening of the new Lego Store! I already have on my sweatpants with built-in knee pads and I just stocked up on ham & cheese Hot Pockets and two cases of Monster Kaos. Let's build some shiiiiiiiit! - Brock Lovenheim, stay-at-home dad
Brock, You should probably curb your excitement because the store won't be opening until next fall. In the meantime, here are a few decent things happening while you wait. Let's start with Friday's events:
- Local bands Free Energy, Lady Murasaki and 90s Television will be performing at Urban Lounge for SLUG Localized. Doors open at 10 p.m. There's a $5 cover.
- SNL alumni and stand-up comedian Kevin Nealon will be onstage art Wiseguys West Valley at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.
- Local bands American Standards, Dead Pilots and Your Young - Early will be performing at The Shred Shed at 5 p.m.
- The Utes men's basketball team play the final home game of the Pac-12 season, taking on the Oregon Ducks in the Huntsman Center Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- The Complex will be hosting a Yoga Rave beginning at 8 p.m. Click the link for more details.
- Hey Ocean! will be performing at Kilby Court. We Are the City and Cliffs will warm things up. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $6.
Guitar virtuoso Leo Kottke will be onstage at the Egyptian Theatre. The show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 to $60.
- At the Urban Lounge, hard-metal bands Gaytheist, Worst Friends, Yaktooth, Babygurl and Rile will be shredding. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $7.
- Brewvies, True TV and Big Shiny Robot will be showing a free screening of the latest Walking Dead episode on the big screen. The show starts at 7 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.