Dear GYA, To whomever won the Powerball last night, I just want to say that I've always thought you were an amazing person. In fact, you're beautiful inside and out. Your potential sparkles with the light of a thousand suns, and even though we've never hung out, you should know that I've always loved you. Here's a list of all the wonderful things we could do together this weekend. - Colin Wolf, Salt Lake City
Let's start with Friday:
- Ballet West's presentation of The Nutcracker will be going on at the Capitol Theatre this evening at 7.
- The power-pop quartet The Killers will be onstage at the UCCU Center, beginning at 8 p.m.
- Indie rappers Sunspot Jonz and Pigeon John will be on the mic at Bar Deluxe. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Faith-based singer Mindy Gledhill will be at Velour this evening performing her tour Christmas Show. The doors open at 9 p.m.
- The Utah Grizzlies are at home tonight facing off with the San Fransicsco Bulls. The game starts at 7 p.m.
And for Saturday's events:
- The 50-mile team relay Expedition St. George will be be kicking off at the St. George Town Square at 2 p.m.
- The Salt Lake Hardware Building will be hosting KRCL's Polar Jubilee, starting at 7 p.m.
- The Urban Lounge will be the site for a slew of great local bands this evening, including the 2012 City Weekly CWMA winners Max Pain and the Groovies. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Legendary metal band Megadeath will be onstage at The Great Saltair, starting at 8 p.m.
- Piper Down is celebrating the climatic end to Mustache November with a Movember Fundraiser benefiting testicular- and prostate-cancer treatments. The party starts at 8 p.m.
- For some unique holiday shopping, check out the Silly Holiday Bazaar at the Park City High School, beginning at 10 a.m.
Finally, Sunday's events:
- The Craft Sabbath Holiday Boutique will be happening at the downtown Main Library, starting at 1 p.m.
- The Shred Shed will be hosting local bands Black Pussy, Yaktooth and the Visitors, beginning at 9 p.m.
- The annual Hanukkah Market will be going on at the Jewish Community Center at noon.
- Bay area bluesman Tommy Castro and The Painkillers will be onstage at The State Room. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- Every Sunday, True TV, Big Shiny Robot and Brewvies showcase a free screening of The Walking Dead on the big screen, starting at 7 p.m.
For this weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.