Dear GYA, I'm pretty excited because I just learned that NASA is planning a trip back to the Moon. Now, I want to go on the record here and say I would love to run that damned moonbase. Hell, just thinking of all that moon money makes me all pink the face. Anything going on this weekend to celebrate this dream come true? Newt Gingrich
Newt, If anyone should be lording over a moon colony, it's definitely you. In the meantime, here are some great options for your weekend. Let's start with Friday:
- DJ and producer Paper Diamond will be at The Depot tonight at 9 p.m.
- At Bar Deluxe, the burlesque dancers Salt City Sirens will be showcasing their 3 Ring Peep Show, beginning at 9 p.m.
- Indie-rock band The Faint will be onstage at In The Venue/Club Sound. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- Though she won't be wearing an iron bikini, Carrie Fischer will be speaking on behalf of the Utah Autism Foundation at 7:30 p.m. at the Rose Wagner Center.
- As part of their ongoing lecture series, Blue Boutique will be hosting Mormon Sex Therapist Dr. Melissa Jones. Click for more details.
And Saturday's events:
- The Turkey Triathlon will be going down at the Sand Hallow Aquatic Center.
- Kingsbury Hall will raise the curtains on the family-friendly comedy The Dinosaur Musical at 11 a.m.
- The indie band Milo Greene will be onstage at Kilby Court tonight. The doors open at 7 p.m.
- SLUG Magazine's Localized music showcase featuring Top Dead Celebrity, Done and Despite Despair will be going down at Urban Lounge, starting at 10 p.m.
- The Stomping Grounds hip-hop festival will be happening at the Gallivan Center, starting at 3:30 p.m.
- The University of Utah's presentation of Sweeney Todd will start-up at 2 p.m. at Studio 115.
And Sunday's events:
- Big Shiny Robot, True TV and Brewvies will be showing the latest episode of The Walking Dead for free on the big screen tonight at 7 p.m. (21+)
- The Art Glass Guild be showing its Glass Art Show at Red Butte Garden all day.
- Nathan Hale: The Musical will be shown at Dixie State College tonight at 7:30 p.m.
- Somali hip-hop artist K' Naan will be on the mic at The State Room. Doors open at 8 p.m.
For this weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.