Dear GYA, As you've probably heard, I'll attempt to skydive from space on Sunday. I bet you're, like, "That jump is gonna take forever, brah. How are you gonna combat all that the boredom?" Well, brah, my training regimen included watching the entire second series of Downton Abbey so I think I'm more than ready. Anyway, the jump is still a few days out -- anything good this weekend? - Felix Baumgartner
Felix, If the jump kills you, I want you to know that no one has ever completed the entire second series of Downton Abbey. That alone is an accomplishment. Here's what's good this weekend:
Let's start with Friday:
- Salt Lake Acting Company's Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will be going down all weekend at SLAC.
- The Grand Theatre will be hosting the popular musical Into The Woods.
- The Utah Marathon & Fittest State Festival will be happening at the City and County Building all day.
- Stand-up comedian John Moyer will be onstage at Wiseguys Comedy Ogden, beginning at 8 p.m.
- The Park City Egyptian Theatre will be hosting vintage-music master Leon Redbone. Doors open at 8 p.m. (Also on Saturday).
And Saturday's events:
- SLUG Localized will be going down at Urban Lounge at 10 p.m.
- Local black-metal band Spork will be at Green Pig at 9 p.m.
- Los Angeles DJ crew LA Riots will be at the Depot, beginning at 8 p.m.
- Weber County Main Library will be showing a free matinee screening of John Carter at 2 p.m.
- DJ BL3ND will be at The Complex, starting at 8 p.m.
- The Downtown Farmers Market is still going strong at Pioneer Park. The market opens at 8 a.m.
- Art Dye Park will be the site of the costume-laden FrankenRun 5K, starting at 9 a.m.
- The Idaho Steelheads will be taking on the Utah Grizzlies at the Maverik Center at 7:05 p.m.
- Dinosaur Jr. will be onstage at Urban Lounge. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Big Shiny Robot, True TV and Brewvies will be showing a free screening of Walking Dead season 3, starting at 7 p.m.
- Over on 400 South and State, check out the Urban Flea Market, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Rapper Yelawolf will be at In The Venue/Club Sound, starting at 8 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.