Dear GYA, Good God, it appears that the turd is finally circling the bowl. I'm so relieved MTV has finally canceled Jersey Shore. Well, so long, Snooki, you orange-tinted gelatinous pile of make-up and sound bites. Now that I no longer have to fear the threat of Jersey Shore marathons, anything good happening this weekend? - Stacey Shlockenberger, Heber City
Stacey, get your celebrating in quick. I'm sure MTV will replace Jersey Shore with some other form of quality programming revolving around fist pumping. Here's what's going down tonight:
Let's start with Friday:
- The annual Antelope Island Stampede Festival will be going on all day at Antelope Island State Park.
- Grammy award-winning musician Bruce Hornsby will be performing at the Sandy Amphitheater at 8 p.m.
- Vocalist and actor Mandy Patinkin (aka Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride) will be performing at BYU's Harris Fine Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., and also with a Saturday matinee at 2 p.m.
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Sacramento River Cats at 7:05 p.m.
- Stand-up comedian April Macie will be onstage at Wiseguys Trolley Square at 7:30 p.m.
- Also, funnyman Josh Konokalfi will be at Wiseguys Ogden at 8 p.m.
As for Saturday's to-dos:
- At the Miller Motorsports Park, check out the Bonneville Vintage Grand Prix going on all day.
- The Snowbird Oktoberfest will be crushing it all day. Admission is free.
- The Krishna Temple will be hosting the Great Salt Lake Yoga Fest, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Learn all about the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center at Rose Exposed, from 9 a.m.- 7p.m.
- The School of Seven Bells and the Beachman will be onstage at Urban Lounge. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Weber County Main Library will be showing a free screening of The Avengers at 2 p.m.
And Sunday's events:
- City Weekly, TrueTV, Red Rock Brewery and Brewvies will be offering up a free screening of the latest Breaking Bad episode. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- At the Main Library, check out the Craft Sabbath: September Boutique, beginning at 1 p.m.
- In Park City, peep the Park Silly Sunday Market, starting at 10 a.m.
- The Gallivan Center will be hosting the Salt Lake City International Jazz Festival, starting at 1 p.m.
- At 10 a.m., Jordan Park will be the site of the People's Market.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.