Dear GYA, It's the Hulkster here -- world heavyweight champion and proud owner of two 26-inch pythons -- oh yeah, and two punk-ass kids who never listen to me. Being a father is hard work. You'd think that after being in such domestic-action crossovers as Mr. Nanny, Suburban Commando and Santa With Muscles, I'd know how to keeps these damned kids in line. Any suggestions for a relaxing Father's Day weekend? - Hulk Hogan
Hulk, have you considered ripping your shirt off when you're angry? It seems like that always had good results. Here's what's happening this weekend:
Let's start with Friday:
- The '80s hair band known as Skid Row will be performing Park City Live tonight at 9 p.m.
- Check out a free outdoor screening of Alvin & Chipmunks: Chipwrecked at the Draper Amphitheater, beginning at 9 p.m.
- The musical Fiddler On The Roof will be going on at Terrace Plaza Playhouse, starting at 7:30 p.m.
- The Swarner Eco Cener will be hosting The Park City Owl Prowl guided hike at 6:30 p.m.
- The Salt Lake City Bees will be taking on the Fresno Grizzlies tonight at 7:05 p.m.
- Snowbird's Fourth Annual Beerfest will be going on all day today.
- Stand-up comedian Tommy Davidson will be performing at Wiseguys West Valley tonight at 9:30 p.m.
And for Saturday:
- The Library Square will be hosting the 2012 Summer Solstice Concert, featuring Neko Case, starting at 3 p.m.
- The Havana Nights Cuban Festival will be held at the Marriot University Park Hotel at 8 p.m.
- Mathew Lillard (the guy from all those Scream movies) will be debuting his new flick Fat Kid Rules The World at the Utah State Fairpark.
- Rapper Mickey Avalon will be performing at Park City Live tonight at 9 p.m.
- The Osmond Brothers will be bringing down the house at the West Jordan Arena at 8 p.m.
- The Vans Warped Tour will be be happening all day today, beginning at 11 a.m. at the Utah State Fairpark.
- Canyon Rim Park will be home to the Venture Outdoors Festival today at 3 p.m.
And for Father's Day (Sunday):
- The Wasatch Front Farmers Market at Wheeler Historic Farm will be starting up at 9 a.m.
- At 1:05 p.m., check out the Salt Lake Bees as they face off with the Fresno Grizzlies.
- Head to Park City for the Park Silly Sunday Market, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Snowbird's Father's Day BBQ will be gettin' goin' at 11 a.m.
- Kilby Court will be hosting the Salty Streets Flea Market at noon today.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's blog The Secret Handshake.