Dear GYA, I can't believe these Android users now get to use the Instagram app! This is complete and utter malarkey. It's supposed to be for sophisticated geniuses with iPhones -- you know, real photographers. I mean, gosh, what's the point? We can't have these amateurs running around believing they can take quality photos with an Android smartphone! Urrgh, it makes me so mad. -Ansel Adams
Ansel, I feel your pain. Everyone knows that iPhone users are natural-born photographers. I know you're upset, but I'm sure sooner or later you guys will find something new and expensive to be snobby about. So in the meantime, here are a few things happening this weekend that you could document with Instagram:
Let's start with Friday's lineup:
- The Adventures of Sheer Luck Homes is playing at the Off Broadway Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are going for $8-$16.
- Stand-up comedian Mike E. Winfield will be performing at Wiseguys Trolley Square at 7 p.m. Tickets are going for $12.
- At 7 p.m., the Utah Jazz take on the Golden State Warriors at the Energy Solutions Arena.
- Comedy troop The Laff Mobb will be performing at 8 p.m. at The Depot; tickets are going from $20-$25.
- Rapper, singer, hair model T. Mills will be onstage at The Complex at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door.
As for Saturday's lineup:
- At 8 a.m. The Run For The Bathroom 5k commences at Merit College Preparatory Academy.
- At The Kimball Art Center, the Egg Dying and Hunt kicks off at 4 p.m.
- REAL Salt Lake takes on the Colorado Rapids at 5 p.m. in Rio Tinto Stadium. City Weekly's The Word will be there, taking photos and handing out freebies.
- Local rapper Burnell Washburn will be hosting his CD Release party at The Urban Lounge at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8.
- Provo-based band Neon Trees will be playing a benefit show at Mountain View High School at 5 p.m. Tickets are $20.
And finally, Sunday's things to do:
- Park City Mountain Resort will be putting on an Easter Egg Hunt at 8:45 a.m.
- Also, Alta Ski resort will be hosting its annual Egg Hunt at the Alta Lodge at 11 a.m.
- City Weekly, Epic Brewing and True TV will be hosting a free screening of Mad Men at Brewvies at 8 p.m.
- Mo's Neighborhood Grill is offering local stand-up with Sunday Night Funnies at 9:30 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's The Secret Handshake.