Dear GYA, A good friend of mine once told me that some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to have an awesome weekend. So what's up? Oh, yeah, and one more thing: nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana weekend! - Batman
Batman, this may not be the weekend you need, but it's the weekend you deserve. Lucky for you, there's plenty of action in the next two days. Let's start with Saturday:
- All weekend long the World Horror Convention will be going on at the downtown Radisson Hotel.
- Velvety-voiced guitar plucker Martin Sexton will be performing a free show at Canyons Resort at 3 p.m.
- A huge roster of wrestlers going head to head is on tap for the UCW: Zero 10 Year Anniversary, and it's all going down at 3 p.m. at the Complex. Tickets are going from $10-$50.
- Some good ol' fashioned arena football is kicking off at 7 p.m. at Energy Solutions as the Utah Blaze take on the New Orleans VooDoo.
- Ririe-Woodbury's Cabaret of Fools will be performing at the Rose Wagner Center at 6:30 p.m.
As for Sunday:
- City Weekly & Brewvies will be hosting a free screening of Mad Men at 8 p.m.
- Sunday-night stand-up comedy at Mo's Neighborhood Grill starting at 9:30 p.m.
- Wiseguys Comedy in Trolley Square will be hosting Rob Delaney. The show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets are still available for $15.
For this weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's The Secret Handshake.