Dear GYA, After hearing the news that militarized killer dolphins with guns mounted on their heads are on the loose in the Black Sea, I would like to remind everyone it is their God-given right to own a gun. In no way, should dolphins' rights to bear arms on their heads be taken away from them. ---Anything happening today that won't infringe on a dolphin's head-gun rights? Wayne LaPierre, NRA Vice President
Wayne, You couldn't be more right. Dolphins need to tell Obama that he can pry their head-mounted guns from their cold dead ... dolphin heads. Here's what's up for this weekend. Let's start with Friday's events:
- The Paddy's Kick-off Party will be happening at Piper Down tonight, featuring live music from The Maccores. Doors open at 8.
- To celebrate the new pope, Spork, Blacklist and The Wild Ones will be performing at Bar Deluxe tonight at 9.
- At Zest Kitchen and Bar, check out Stir-Friday with Flash and Flare and JRapp. Doors open at 9 p.m. No cover before 10:30.
- The Rose Wagner Center will be hosting the Tumbleweeds Film Festival all day this weekend. For more info, click on the link.
- The Yonder Mountain String Band will be onstage at The Depot tonight at 9. The Deadly Gentlemen will be opening. Tickets are $25.
- The 2013 St. Patrick's Day Parade will be kicking off at 10 a.m. at The Gateway. Look for the City Weekly float!
- Urban Lounge will be hosting the King Niko CD Release Party this evening. The doors open at 9.
- Habits will be throwing its Kiss Me I'm Irish Party, starting at 9 p.m.
- Check out the Pre-St.Paddy's Day Party at Piper Down, featuring music from The Rebel Celts and The Red Headed Step Twins. The show starts at 9 p.m.
- Inferno Cantina will be throwing a Shamrock Jello-Wrestling Party, beginning at 9 p.m.
- After the parade, head to Gracie's for the St. Paddy's Post-Parade Party at noon. City Weekly's The Word will be there, handing out swag and snapping pics.
- The Green Pig will be hosting Andrew Cole & Friends, The Gamma Rays and Bag Pipes, starting at 9 p.m.
- Brewskis is a throwing a Rockabilly St.Paddy's Day Party, starting at 9 p.m.
- Celtic band Shanahy will be at The Garage at 7 p.m. There will be a $5 cover.
- Bar Deluxe will be hosting DJ Penguin Prison at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10.
- Piper Down will be throwing a big ol' St. Paddy's Day party with Swagger and Red Headed Step Twins.
- Gracie's will be jamming with band Country Cork, starting at 9 p.m.
- Chalula and Brad The Irish Man will be at Bourbon House, starting at 9 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.