Dear GYA, What's better than watching The Oscars, Sunday night? Absolutely everything. I would rather be chased by an angry posse of Guatemalan super bees than sit through 10 minutes of The Oscars. Hell, I'd even chug a can of lukewarm kiwi-strawberry Snapple. Please tell me there's something to do this weekend besides watch The Oscars? - Max Frohgurts, Sandy---
Max, You're right. There are a lot of things I would rather do than watch The Oscars. But luckily for the both us, there are a few decent things going down this weekend. Let's start with Friday's events:
- For some roller-derby action, check out the Rollin' Rebellion versus the Sirens of Steel at Food 4 Less tonight at 6.
- The Homestead Resort will be hosting a Chocolate Festival today at 2 p.m.
- The Marriott University Park Hotel will be hosting a Mardi Gras Masquerade Ball tonight. Doors open at 8. City Weekly's The Word will be there, snapping photos and handing out swag.
- The Big Movie Mouth-Off Oscar Extravaganza will be happening at Brewvies today at 3 p.m. Click the link for more info on this all-day Oscar party.
- After The Oscars, Big Shiny Robot, True TV and Brewvies will be showing a free screening of AMC's The Walking Dead on the big screen. The show starts at 10 p.m.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.