Dear GYA, I hear some LDS women are planning on rocking pants to church this Sunday. OK, that's great and all, but let's be honest -- they're doing Sundays all wrong. Sunday's aren't meant for pants. Sunday's are for wearing cushy robes and sitting on your ass watching 12 hours of football, only to find a cache of half-eaten Taquitos stuck to your back Monday morning. Anything to do this weekend while I boycott pants? - Mark Rappaparten, Draper---
Mark, Ah, the mystery of the Monday-morning Taquito has finally been solved. Not sure if anything is happening this weekend that doesn't require pants, but here are some options anyway. Let's start with Friday:
- The Utah Grizzlies will be taking on the Alaska Aces tonight at the Maverik Center. Face-off is at 7.
- The Canyons Ski Resort will be hosting the Charity Lift Party For A Purpose at 6:30 p.m.
- Heavy-metal band Dying Fetus will be onstage at Burt's Tiki Lounge. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Park City Live will be showcasing Los Angeles latin-fusion/world-beat band Ozomatli. Doors are at 9 p.m.
- Tonight at Urban Lounge is SLUG Localized, featuring bands like Spirit Master, Albino Father and Rainbow Black. Show starts at 10.
- Utah local and stand-up comedian Shawn Paulsen will be on the mic at Wiseguy's Ogden.
- The World's Ultimate Elvis Christmas Show will be at Egyptian Theatre in Park City. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- The Complex will be hosting the X96 Nightmare Before Xmas concert tonight at 8.
- Capitol Theatre will be showcasing Ballet West's The Nutcracker at 2 and 7 p.m.
- DF Dance Studio is throwing a Latin Ronald McDonald House Fundraiser, starting at 1 p.m. Join City Weekly's The Word and learn to salsa dance for a good cause.
- Rap supergroup Bone Thugs-N-Harmony will be at The Great Saltair. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- The Inferno Cantina will be hosting slow-jam master DJ R Dub at 9 p.m.
- Discovery Gateway is hosting a Breakfast With Santa event at 8 a.m.
- For what's sure to be a relaxing evening, Utah grind-core band Gaza will be at Kilby Court. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Indie-band Late Night Alumni will be performing at The Depot, beginning at 9 p.m.
- The Garage will be hosting Kate McLeod: Music & Fundraiser for The Utah Food Bank. The event start at 6 p.m.
- The World's Ultimate Elvis Christmas Show will be at the Egyptian Theatre in Park City. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- The 25 Days of Joy Celebration is still going strong at Station Park.
- Capitol Theatre will be showcasing Ballet West's The Nutcracker at 2 p.m.
- The Gallivan Center Ice Rink opens for skating at noon.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.