Dear GYA, I'm so bummed that Newsweek will stop its print edition at the end of the year. Now where am I gonna find creepy cover shots of Michele Bachmann, what Princess Diana would look like if she were old (and alive) and stories about how heaven is real?--- Damn it, I guess I'm gonna have to find something else to do when I'm bored out of my skull. Well, anything happening this weekend as informative and entertaining as Newsweek? - Frank Sausage, Park City
Frank, Nothing is as informative and entertaining as Newsweek. You're just gonna have to find something else to read at the dentist's office. Have you ever read Highlights? Anyways, here are a few good things good going down this weekend:
Let's start with Friday:
- The Zombie Apocalypse haunted house at XSI Factory will be kicking off at 7 p.m.
- Lagoon will be opening up the Frightmares at Lagoon haunted theme park at 5 p.m.
- Red Butte Garden will transform into the Garden After Dark at 6 p.m.
- Of course, Nightmare on 13th will open its doors at 7:30 p.m.
- The Egyptian Theatre will be hosting Dark Horse Company's presentation of Jekyll and Hyde. Click for more details.
- Acclaimed DJ and producer Flying Lotus will be at Urban Lounge. The doors open at 9 p.m.
- The Ben Hanson Halloween Ghost Hunt is happening at the Great Saltair at 7 p.m.
- The Castle of Chaos super-scary haunted house is opening up at 7:30 p.m.
- The Madison in Provo is hosting the City Weekly Warren Miller Flow State Pre-Party at 8 p.m.
- Fear Factory (the giant haunted house by the 15) will be opening its doors at 7 p.m.
- This Is The Place Heritage Park is opening its own Haunted Village at 6:30 p.m.
- Rapper Kendrick Lamar will be at The Depot at 10:30 p.m.
- Odyssey Dance Theatre's presentation of Thriller is going down at Kingsbury Hall.
- Mama Beatz and Custom Model will be DJing at Zest Kitchen and Bar at 9 p.m.
- True TV, Big Shiny Robot and Brewvies will be showing a free screening of the latest Walking Dead episode at 7 p.m.
- Crone's Hallow will be hosting a How to Properly Evoke Daemons Workshop at 1 p.m.
- The Wasatch Front Farmers Market will be happening at the Wheeler Historic Farm at 9 a.m.
For this weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.