Dear GYA, Good God, it appears that the turd is finally circling the bowl. I'm so relieved MTV has finally canceled Jersey Shore. Well, so long, Snooki, you orange-tinted gelatinous pile of make-up and sound bites. Now that I no longer have to fear the threat of Jersey Shore marathons, anything good happening this weekend? - Stacey Shlockenberger, Heber City---
Stacey, get your celebrating in quick. I'm sure MTV will replace Jersey Shore with some other form of quality programming revolving around fist pumping. Here's what's going down tonight:
Let's start with Friday:
- The annual Antelope Island Stampede Festival will be going on all day at Antelope Island State Park.
- Grammy award-winning musician Bruce Hornsby will be performing at the Sandy Amphitheater at 8 p.m.
- Vocalist and actor Mandy Patinkin (aka Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride) will be performing at BYU's Harris Fine Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., and also with a Saturday matinee at 2 p.m.
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Sacramento River Cats at 7:05 p.m.
- Stand-up comedian April Macie will be onstage at Wiseguys Trolley Square at 7:30 p.m.
- Also, funnyman Josh Konokalfi will be at Wiseguys Ogden at 8 p.m.
As for Saturday's to-dos:
- At the Miller Motorsports Park, check out the Bonneville Vintage Grand Prix going on all day.
- The Snowbird Oktoberfest will be crushing it all day. Admission is free.
- The Krishna Temple will be hosting the Great Salt Lake Yoga Fest, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Learn all about the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center at Rose Exposed, from 9 a.m.- 7p.m.
- The School of Seven Bells and the Beachman will be onstage at Urban Lounge. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Weber County Main Library will be showing a free screening of The Avengers at 2 p.m.
And Sunday's events:
- City Weekly, TrueTV, Red Rock Brewery and Brewvies will be offering up a free screening of the latest Breaking Bad episode. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- At the Main Library, check out the Craft Sabbath: September Boutique, beginning at 1 p.m.
- In Park City, peep the Park Silly Sunday Market, starting at 10 a.m.
- The Gallivan Center will be hosting the Salt Lake City International Jazz Festival, starting at 1 p.m.
- At 10 a.m., Jordan Park will be the site of the People's Market.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.