Dear GYA, Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. Anything happening today that's good enough for an American champion, preferably involving jet-skis? - Kenny Powers---
Kenny, If you think about it, you can do anything on a jet-ski. However, here are some other options for your 4th of July:
Click the links for more info.
- In Provo, The Beach Boys will be stepping into the Stadium of Fire at 8 p.m. Stick around afterward for one of the biggest firework displays in Utah.
- If you're in West Jordan check out the Stampede Rodeos. Nothing is more 'Merican than a rodeo. The cowboy'n starts at 7 p.m.
- At 9 a.m., the July 4th Grand Parade will be starting up in Provo.
- Over at the Bulldog Field in Provo, check out the Balloon Fest at 6:30 a.m.
- In Syracuse, head to Founders Park at 10 a.m. for the 4th of July Carnival featuring bands, rides and great food!
- Family Games in the park will be happening again this year at Pioneer Park, starting at 2 p.m.
- Vote on whether or not the mayor of Murray should Shave or Save his 18-inch-long handlebar mustache at Murray Central Park, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Tacoma Raniers, at 7:05 p.m., with fireworks following the game.
- At Rio Tinto Stadium, Real Salt Lake will be hosting the Seattle Sounders at 7 p.m.
For today's complete list of July 4th events, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's blog, The Secret Handshake.