Dear GYA, People know me as the guy in Temple of Doom who yells, "Kalima!" and rips people's hearts out with my bare hands, but that's just my stupid job. If you got to know me, you'd see that I'm actually a pretty down-to-earth guy. Usually after a long day of work, I like to throw on a pair of capris, crack a cold one and tend to my organic basil garden. Do you have any suggestions for a relaxing weekend?- Mola Ram---
Mola, I knew all along you were just a misunderstood shaman priest. People can be so judgmental when the only side of a person they see is the burning-heart-ripping side. Anyways, here's what's going on this weekend.
Let's start with Friday:
- The Salt Lake Bees will be taking on the Reno Aces at Spring Mobile Park tonight, Saturday and Sunday starting at 6:35 p.m. Tickets are going for $8-$24.
- SNL veteran Rob Schneider will be behind the mic at Wiseguys West Valley performing at 7 p.m. and again at 9:30. Tickets are going for $25.
- Join Oxford genetics professor Bryan Sykes for his lecture and DNA USA book signing at King's English Bookshop at 7 p.m.
- The Four Old Geezers, One Last Hurrah! exhibit will be on display all day today at Phillips Gallery.
- The One True Follies presentation of End of Days 2012 will be at The Egyptian Theatre tonight at 8 p.m.
As for Saturday:
- Check out the indie rockers Washed Out at Urban Lounge tonight at 9 p.m. Tickets are going for $13 in advance and $15 at the door.
- Rapper and blunt enthusiast Devin The Dude will be performing at Bar Deluxe at 9 p.m.
- Snow Patrol and Ed Sheeren will be live at The Depot at 9 p.m.
- Real Salt Lake will be taking on the Toronto FC tonight at 5 p.m. City Weekly's The Word will be there handing out swag and prizes!
- Tonight at 8 p.m., check out the Utah Symphony Chorus as the perform Mozart's Requiem at Abravanel Hall.
And for Sunday:
- Indie kids M83 will be performing at In The Venue tonight at 7 p.m. Tickets are going for $17 in advance and $20 day of.
- City Weekly, True TV, Epic Brewing and Brewvies will be showing a free screening of the latest episode of Mad Men tonight at 10 p.m.
- Rock ensemble Lambchop will be live at The State Room tonight at 8 p.m. Tickets are going for $20.
For the weekend's complete list of things to do, click here.
Wolf is also the author of City Weekly's blog of folderol The Secret Handshake